Before attending the convention, please be sure to review the rules below. These rules are simple, easy to follow, and exist to ensure that everybody attending (and running) GMX have a safe and happy time. Our Public Safety staff are on hand the duration of the convention and will be more than happy to handle any questions or concerns you may have.
- Be cool to one another! Please remember that everyone is here to have fun. Respect the intent of everybody at the convention to have a good time with his or her fellow con-goers. Please keep all behavior that polite fans would find offensive in public in your hotel rooms. In other words... don't do stupid things that mess up the show for everyone. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your membership money if you are behaving inappropriately.
- Make sure your kids are cool to one another. Unclaimed children will be sold to a sweat shop somewhere in Asia. Seriously, though... no kids under 15 without a parental escort. GMX is not a baby sitter. Do not drop off your kids and later expect us to help you figure out where they are. The convention is too big for us to do your job as a parent for you.
- Obey the weapon policy! All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated and you will be asked to leave the convention without a refund. We expect you to use good judgment.
- Prepare to produce age-verifying identification. Some functions will be limited to certain age groups. Have your photo ID ready upon registration check in to receive your 18+ wristbands. You will need this to be able to enter some of the night time events. There will be no exception to this rule for people unable or unwilling to produce identification. Possession of alcoholic beverages by anyone under 21 years of age, or possession of an illegal narcotic, is grounds for expulsion from the convention without refund.
- Please do not destroy hotel property. We have a nice hotel. The owners of the hotel would like to keep it that way. Please help us ensure that GMX is invited back in coming years so that we can continue to produce a fun and affordable convention.
- You must wear your membership badges at all times on your upper body area to be admitted to any convention function. It does not guarantee you access to any event if it has reached it's full capacity. This makes it easier for our Public Safety team to look after everyone. Lanyards are perfect for this if you do not like holes in your clothing!
- We'll offer sympathy, but GMX is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention. You cannot take your bags, weapons or props into the dealer room. You will need to seek a safe place to store these items while you are in there. This does not include in the hallway going into the dealer room.
- No camping in the halls or lobby! If you are found sleeping in the public areas, you will be asked to go to your hotel room. If you do not have a room, hotel or venue security will be forced to ask you to leave. Check out the forums before the convention to find others willing to share a room.
- GMX staff may take photographs or videos of participants and/or attendees, individually or in groups, attending or taking part in convention programs and activities or in any public area of the venue. These images and recordings become the property of GMX and may be used in promotion or publications at our sole discretion. By purchasing membership and/or participating in our events, you are implicitly granting permission for the recording and reuse of such. Conversely, those not representing GMX may not take photographs or videos of other patrons or participants without the permission of the subject, and no such media may be used in a for-profit capacity without the express written permission of GMX.